Computer Programmer III NCBDDD
Carter Consulting, Inc. (CCI) is a minority-owned business headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. CCI was established in 2005 to support the government and private sector for their professional staffing, management and technical assistance needs. Since our inception, CCI has grown to provide high quality professional services to various organizations, public and private, domestic and international, at the local, state and federal levels.
CCI possesses the knowledge, resources, abilities and capacity required to assist government and private institutions in completing high-level, mission critical, sensitive projects, meet goals and objectives, and carry out their overall mission. CCI’s professional, trained employees and consultants represent the full scope of management, scientific, and technical disciplines. We focus on the details so our clients can focus on the outcome. Visit our website at www.carterci.com for more information.
CCI employees (full-time) enjoy a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401k with match and paid time off.
CCI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. It is the policy of CCI to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law, and to take affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and Executive Orders.
Number of Openings: 1
Location: Atlanta, GA
CCI is seeking a technical resource for a proposed consulting role (position contingent upon award of proposal) as a Computer Programmer III to provide high-level expertise developing complex software applications involving new technologies, methods, and concepts used to support all aspects of the business for our Federal Government client into a proprietary system for the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Division of Birth Defects and Infant Disorders (DBDID), National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities (NCBDDD).
- Develop diagrammatic plans and design logic required to implement computer programs, IT systems, and procedures in support of technical, administrative, and information management functions and operations
- Analyze specifications regarding the type and extent of information to be processed
- Design detailed logic flow diagrams and program code instructions
- Implement 508 standards according to the Federal government client standards
- Verify accuracy and validity of programs by preparing sample test data and test plans; correct program errors by revising instructions
- Modify programs when required by changes in procedures and reports
- Write programs in a variety of computer languages, such as C++ and Java, and update and expand existing programs
- Test programs for errors and fix the faulty lines of computer code
- Create and test code in an integrated development environment (IDE)
- Utilize code libraries, collections of independent lines of code, to simplify writing
- Plan the software and create models and flowcharts detailing how the code is to be written.
- Write and debug code and design an application or systems interface
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Expert in-depth knowledge of user-centered design principles and experience creating and applying visual modeling techniques to validate system requirements
- Expertise in development of web-based applications
- Expert level of knowledge in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), BEA, WebLogic, Java (J2EE), Microsoft SQL Server, JIRA, or other tracking systems
- Familiarity with Messaging standards: HL7, EDI, X.12, ASTM, HIPAA, XML, LOINC, SNOMED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics preferred
- At least 8 years of general computer programming experience including 6 years specialized experience
- Management consulting experience a bonus
- Other duties as assigned. This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Please click to apply: CCI Application
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.