Data Analyst Summer Intern NCBDDD 7000-017
Carter Consulting, Inc. (CCI) is a minority-owned business headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. CCI was established in 2005 to support the government and private sector for their professional staffing, management and technical assistance needs. Since our inception, CCI has grown to provide high quality professional services to various organizations, public and private, domestic and international, at the local, state and federal levels.
CCI possesses the knowledge, resources, abilities and capacity required to assist government and private institutions in completing high-level, mission critical, sensitive projects, meet goals and objectives, and carry out their overall mission. CCI’s professional, trained employees and consultants represent the full scope of management, scientific, and technical disciplines. We focus on the details so our clients can focus on the outcome. Visit our website at www.carterci.com for more information.
CCI employees enjoy a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401k with match and paid time off. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Type: Paid Summer Internship, Full-Time, 10-12 weeks
Number of Openings: 1
Location: Atlanta, GA
CCI is seeking a Data Analyst (Summer Intern) to provide evaluation support to public health programs for the Disability and Health Branch (DHB) of The National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities (NCBDDD) of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia. Be a part of the CDC’s mission of Saving Lives, Protecting People™
Primary Responsibilities with the Division of Congenital and Development Disorders/Birth Defects Branch:
- Perform literature searches on birth defects risk factors, emerging threats, or other topics.
- Review, organize, replicate, modify and run reports on some of the various BDMRB project databases.
- Create, verify and validate original and separate files for specific birth defects data analysis requests.
- Work with other staff to perform or validate data analyses. May need to utilize SAS or SPSS.
- Review interface tools and assist in developing recommendations for modifications.
- Summarize data analyses results and prepare PowerPoint presentations, abstracts, or manuscripts to disseminate results.
- Ability to understand and manipulate databases.
Minimum Education/Experience or equivalent: Informatics/IT or a related master’s degree in progress with 2-3 years of database experience (college experience can be included);
- MS Access, MS SQL Server, VisualBasic.net, SAS
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work on tasks independently.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to evolving priorities (multitasking).
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
How to apply:
Please click to apply: CCI Application
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.