Data Analyst I NCBDDD 7000-017
Carter Consulting, Inc. (CCI) is a minority-owned business headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. CCI was established in 2005 to support the government and private sector for their professional staffing, management and technical assistance needs. Since our inception, CCI has grown to provide high quality professional services to various organizations, public and private, domestic and international, at the local, state and federal levels.
CCI possesses the knowledge, resources, abilities and capacity required to assist government and private institutions in completing high-level, mission critical, sensitive projects, meet goals and objectives, and carry out their overall mission. CCI’s professional, trained employees and consultants represent the full scope of management, scientific, and technical disciplines. We focus on the details so our clients can focus on the outcome. Visit our website at www.carterci.com for more information.
CCI employees enjoy a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401k with match and paid time off. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Number of Openings: 1
Location: Atlanta, GA
CCI is seeking a Data Analyst I to provide evaluation support to public health programs for the Disability and Health Branch (DHB) of The National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities (NCBDDD) of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia. Be a part of the CDC’s mission of Saving Lives, Protecting People™
- Assist Metropolitan Atlanta Congenital Defects Program (MACDP) in solving complex capacity issues including:
- Prepare and maintain human subjects IRB, assurance of confidentiality and other human subject protection documentation
- Track and maintain data use agreements and data requests
- Processing current and historical MACDP data abstractions
- Support the non-clinical review of MACDP cases including deduplication, vital records searches, quality assurance reviews
- Prepare data for clinical review by MACDP clinical staff
- Document problems with processing tools/case data and report to leadership, as needed from various databases, generate files, reports and data tables, as needed
- Conduct program evaluations
- Develop evaluation questions and methodological approaches to assess program performance
- Implement evaluation protocols including data analysis
- Prepare written and oral reports of evaluation findings and assist the MACDP Director in implementing program improvements, based on evaluation findings
- Assist in the management, review, cleaning, and analysis of state birth defects and Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome surveillance data
- Work with IT staff to establish, document, and facilitate data reporting mechanisms
- Establish a database structure for housing multi-state data submissions to CDC
- Develop and execute data quality control protocols to identify data issues
- Communicate with state birth defects surveillance systems to resolve data issues
- Support the documentation of multi-state birth defects and NAS surveillance databases including data dictionaries, file formats, and data cleaning procedures
- Identify program improvement opportunities to increase the timeliness and accuracy of data
- Perform statistical analyses, e.g. prevalence ratios, trend analyses
- Generate files, reports and data tables, as needed
- Prepare written and oral reports of program improvement and analytic findings
- Advanced degree (MPH, MS) with major study in an academic field relating to public health or the health sciences, appropriate to the work of the position;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience, preferably at the CDC.
- Proficiency with SAS, including macros, MS Access, MS SQL Server, Adobe forms
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work on tasks independently as well as collaboratively with diverse subject matter experts.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to evolving priorities (multitasking).
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
How to apply:
Please click to apply: CCI Application
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.