Health Marketing Communication Specialist – ALS 7000-015
Carter Consulting, Inc. (CCI) is a minority-owned business headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. CCI was established in 2005 to support the government and private sector for their professional staffing, management and technical assistance needs. Since our inception, CCI has grown to provide high quality professional services to various organizations, public and private, domestic and international, at the local, state and federal levels.
CCI possesses the knowledge, resources, abilities and capacity required to assist government and private institutions in completing high-level, mission critical, sensitive projects, meet goals and objectives, and carry out their overall mission. CCI’s professional, trained employees and consultants represent the full scope of management, scientific, and technical disciplines. We focus on the details so our clients can focus on the outcome. Visit our website at www.carterci.com for more information.
CCI employees enjoy a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401k with match and paid time off. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Number of Openings: 1
Location: Atlanta, GA
CCI is seeking a Health Marketing Communication Specialist – PHA II who will provide support to the National ALS Registry at the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia. Be a part of the CDC’s mission of Saving Lives, Protecting People™
- Plan, organize, develop, manage and administer communication materials.
- Research and write a variety of materials for a public awareness program.
- Prepare various written materials to ensure government and non-governmental organizations, universities, businesses, non-profit organizations, the public, and other ALS registry stakeholders (e.g., physicians and ALS patient associations) receive up-to-date, useful, and accessible information regarding ALS issues.
- Support information and education strategies, programs and methods of communications with specific target audiences.
- Support and execute communication strategies, programs, and activities.
- Assist the ATSDR in planning and conducting the annual ALS Registry meeting.
- Participate in biweekly conference calls and weekly team meetings with ATSDR and its partners. These calls serve as a platform to review ongoing Program activities, plan new activities, as well as discuss problems or issues (both potential and experienced) along with possible solutions.
- Activities may include providing consultation and technical assistance in the follow areas: programmatic support, decision support and analytics as well as strategic communications.
- Prepare and edit a variety of materials to be incorporated into the ALS web portal
- Additional tasks consistent with Health Marketing Communication Specialist’s professional services.
- Advanced degree (MPH, MS) with major study in an academic field relating to public health or the health sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience providing health marketing/communications support for CDC programs.
- Skills in evaluating and designing communication strategies.
- Strong leadership in coordination and demonstrated methods, practices and techniques of communication that advance health communication projects.
- Experience preparing presentations, manuscripts, reports and other written materials including social media messaging.
- Experience in meeting planning, coordination of logistics as well as material development.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with social media messaging: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram
- Ability to take initiative and work on tasks independently as well as collaboratively with diverse subject matter experts.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to evolving priorities (multitasking).
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
How to apply:
Please click on the link to apply: CCI Application
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.