Logistics and Operations Coordinator – Puerto Rico – NCBDDD
Carter Consulting, Inc. (CCI) is a minority-owned business headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. CCI was established in 2005 to support the government and private sector for their professional staffing, management and technical assistance needs. Since our inception, CCI has grown to provide high quality professional services to various organizations, public and private, domestic and international, at the local, state and federal levels.
CCI possesses the knowledge, resources, abilities and capacity required to assist government and private institutions in completing high-level, mission critical, sensitive projects, meet goals and objectives, and carry out their overall mission. CCI’s professional, trained employees and consultants represent the full scope of management, scientific, and technical disciplines. We focus on the details so our clients can focus on the outcome. Visit our website at www.carterci.com for more information.
CCI employees (full-time) enjoy a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401k with match and paid time off.
CCI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. It is the policy of CCI to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law, and to take affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and Executive Orders.
Number of Openings: 1
Location: Atlanta, GA
CCI is seeking a resource for a proposed consulting role (position contingent upon award of proposal) as a Logistics and Operations Coordinator to play an integral role providing continuous basis support for internal communication activities for the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Division of Birth Defects and Infant Disorders (DBDID), National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities (NCBDDD).
This position will be local to Puerto Rico and is not expected to travel to CDC Atlanta
- Serve as the point of contact between CDC and Puerto Rico staff to ensure adequate coordination
- Review and prepare correspondence requesting information about program activities and products
- Review proposed directives to ensure correct arrangement of material, consistency with existing directives, appropriate distribution, and elimination of conflict and duplication
- Use automated systems to enter, correct, and retrieve information, compile reports, produce charts and graphs, and monitor project or program status
- Review reports for efforts (e.g., using improper reporting procedures, inaccurate computations, or missing information)
- Execute strategic planning for administrative operations in the program
- Follow step-by-step tasks to meet program related goals, objectives, and activities
- Follow through on a plan to meet program goals and objectives with supervision and direction from the senior program staff
- Performs daily tasks in the operational plan, including personnel, equipment, supplies, travel, and travel cost
- Conduct background research to help programs develop or adjust administrative policies and procedures to support program activities
- Provide input to help program analyze, interpret, and advise on policies, procedures, and organization processes
- Provide background research to help estimate short-and long-term budgetary needs, such as travel costs
- Coordinate and arrange meeting space for senior level program staff
- Perform additional functions and provide backfill support if needed
- Responsible for the oversite and facilitation of all aspects of government meeting planning, including site selection, event registration, onsite staffing, and post-event reporting
- Coordinate event logistics and related projects, including phone calls, research, program logistics, registration, and other duties as needed
- Provide meeting planning assistance for all events, including registration, scheduling rooms, maintaining calendars, and conducting research
- Update content for the website, prepare promotional materials, and maintain the database for various projects
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 year of administrative and programmatic experience preferred
- Other duties as assigned. This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Please click to apply: CCI Application
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.