Program Analyst II ALS 8500-003
Carter Consulting, Inc. (CCI) is a minority-owned business headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. CCI was established in 2005 to support the government and private sector for their professional staffing, management and technical assistance needs. Since our inception, CCI has grown to provide high quality professional services to various organizations, public and private, domestic and international, at the local, state and federal levels.
CCI possesses the knowledge, resources, abilities and capacity required to assist government and private institutions in completing high-level, mission critical, sensitive projects, meet goals and objectives, and carry out their overall mission. CCI’s professional, trained employees and consultants represent the full scope of management, scientific, and technical disciplines. We focus on the details so our clients can focus on the outcome. Visit our website at www.carterci.com for more information.
CCI employees enjoy a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401k with match and paid time off. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Number of Openings: 1
Location: Atlanta, GA
Compensation: DOE, GS-11
CCI is seeking a Program Analyst II who will provide data management and analytical support to the National Amyotrophic Sclerosis (ALS) Registry of the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) at the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Support The Registry with preparing continuous data requests and/or modifications to data user agreements to obtain national datasets from their owners, such as the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Veteran’s Health Administration (VHA), Veteran’s Benefits Administration (VBA), and the National Death Index (NDI).
- Ensure that all documentation and project artifacts are updated and revised as necessary, especially in accordance with IRB, OMB, and other standard procedures.
- Participate in weekly conference calls and weekly team meetings with CDC/ATSDR and partners as necessary.
- IRB Packages: The Contractor shall support the protocol for the national ALS registry to be submitted to the IRB including questionnaires; prepare IRB forms; and address questions and concerns from the IRB.
- OMB Packages: The Contractor shall support the 60 and 30-day Federal Register Notices and assist in writing the OMB Package for the national ALS registry. The Contractor shall address the questions and concerns from OMB regarding the data collection.
- Conducts analyses of moderate to large datasets
- Use analytical and statistical tools (e.g., SAS) to provide support regarding accurate and validated data as it relates to the epidemiology of ALS, such as incidence, prevalence, and mortality.
- The Contractor shall provide established, written confidentiality procedures to safeguard sensitive data in accordance with the HIPAA compliance.
- May present results to the scientific community at professional meetings and conferences, if approved
- Performs related responsibilities as assigned.
- Advanced degree (MPH, MS) with major study in an academic field relating to public health or the health sciences, appropriate to the work of the position
- 3 years of experience in analyzing assessment and survey data
- Experience supporting IRB and OMB packages
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Proficiency with SAS, including macros
- Must be able to manipulate large data sets
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Please click to apply: CCI Application
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.